Served hot in a thermos, this is the tastiest fish house food you’ll ever eat! This is how you make Brian Brosdahl’s wife Heather’s famous perch chowder.
2 lbs. of diced perch
3 table spoons canola oil
2 cans of tomato soup
8 small red bliss potatoes diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 sweet potato diced
2 shredded carrots
4 carrots pealed and diced
5 celery stalks diced
2 small onions diced
2 small tomatoes diced
1 small can black beans drained and washed
1 small can of kidney beans drained and washed
1 cup fresh cut green beans
15 oz of spaghetti sauce
1-1/5 cups water
1/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup cooked wild rice
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 table spoon Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/3 of a cup graded parmesan
Course ground pepper and kosher salt
1) Place an 8 quart stock pot on the burner and turn it on high heat. Add oil, sweet onions, diced carrots, and celery until the onions become translucent. Add in garlic and sauté for another two minutes to release the aroma.
2) Add in sweet potatoes, red bliss potatoes, green beans, black beans and kidney beans, shredded carrots, celery salt, paprika and cayenne pepper. Sauté another minute.
3) Add Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, tomato soup, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. 1-1.5 hrs stirring occasionally
4) Add perch and cook another 20 minutes. Stir occasionally
5) Add in almond milk, cooked wild rice and Parmesan cheese. Stir and cook another 5 minutes.
6) Add salt and black pepper to taste
Get stories and tutorials on fishing delivered to your inbox weekly